Excellent low-field magnetoresistance effect in Ga-doped MnZn ferrites
- Collection with item attached
- Item details URL
- Excellent low-field magnetoresistance effect in Ga-doped MnZn ferrites
- An excellent low field magnetoresistance (LFMR) property was achieved from the Ga-doped (Mn0.8Zn0.2) Fe2O4 (MnZn) ferrites at room temperature (RT). For this study, undoped and Ga-doped MnZn ferrites with the nominal compositions of (Mn0.8Zn0.2)(1-x)GaxFe2O4 (x = 0 similar to 0.1) were prepared by the conventional solid state reaction at 1400 degrees C for 2 h in air. From the magneto-transport measurements, Ga-doped MnZn ferrites were found to have not only much lower resistivity values but also greatly improved LFMR ratios in comparison with undoped sample. The highest maximum LFMR ratio of 2.5% at 290 K in 0.5 kOe was achievable from 2 mol% Ga-doped MnZn ferrite. This large LFMR effect is attributable to an increase in spin electrons by Ga3+ ion substitution for the (Mn, Zn) (2+) site. (C) 2014 Author(s). All article content, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
- Made available in Cube on 2018-09-28T12:39:13Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0
- Kim, Hyo-Jin
- Yoo, Sang-Im
- AIP ADVANCES(4): 12
- Funding Program
- Project ID
- Rep.of Korea
- Project Name
- SNU Materials Division for Educating Creative Global Leaders
- Files in This Item
There are no attached files.