A controlled ac Stark echo for quantum memories
- Collection with item attached
- Item details URL
- A controlled ac Stark echo for quantum memories
- This work was supported by the ICT R&D program of MSIT/IITP (1711042435:Reliable crypto-system standards and core technology development forsecure quantum key distribution network) and the GIST-Caltech Program in2016. BSH also acknowledges discussions with R. W. Boyd of University ofRochester (USA) and M. S. Shahriar of Northwestern University (USA) forthe ac Stark shift.
- A quantum memory protocol of controlled ac Stark echoes (CASE) based on a double rephasing photon echo scheme via controlled Rabi flopping is proposed. The double rephasing scheme of photon echoes inherently satisfies the no-population inversion requirement for quantum memories, but the resultant absorptive echo remains a fundamental problem. Herein, it is reported that the first echo in the double rephasing scheme can be dynamically controlled so that it does not affect the second echo, which is accomplished by using unbalanced ac Stark shifts. Then, the second echo is coherently controlled to be emissive via controlled coherence conversion. Finally a near perfect ultralong CASE is presented using a backward echo scheme. Compared with other methods such as dc Stark echoes, the present protocol is all-optical with advantages of wavelength-selective dynamic control of quantum processing for erasing, buffering, and channel multiplexing.
- Made available in Cube on 2018-09-28T10:22:18Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0
- Ham, Byoung S.
- SCIENTIFIC REPORTS(7)
- Funding Program
- Project ID
- Rep.of Korea
- Project Name
- Reliable crypto-system standards and core technology development for secure quantum key distribution network
- Files in This Item
There are no attached files.